Delivering energy efficiency projects in Northern Ireland
BSSEC has provided commercial and industrial energy consultancy services in Northern Ireland since 2007. We have worked with over 25 different organisations, including the Northern Ireland Government, factories, manufacturers, retail, automotive, office, voluntary and harbour sectors.
BSSEC’s advice ranges from complex strategic support on new harbourside developments to stock transfer from the government to PFI providers. Our services have also included low energy design advice on new factories, warehouses, offices and care homes, the production of sector publications giving advice on saving energy across portfolios and on-the-ground energy audits.
Working extensively in support of Carbon Trust Ireland the summary below of completed projects underlines the breadth and depth of our work in Northern Ireland delivering energy efficiency to government departments and businesses.
Projects completed to date:
- Ronnie Millar Corrymeela Community – Advice for school estate and new buildings
- Dept Finance & Personnel, Belfast – Strategic advice for inclusion of standards into PFI contract for transfer of 77 buildings to private sector partner
- Muster Simms Engineering Ltd – Low carbon design advice for new manufacturing facility
- George Ussher Ulster Carpets – Low carbon design for development at Seagoe site.
- Chesapeake, Newtonabbey – Feasibility study to use waste pallet wood as biomass fuel
- Henderson Retail – Detailed investigation into lighting at Henderson Retail new chilled and frozen distribution centre
- Isaac Agnew Audi, Belfast – Low carbon design advice for new car showroom
- Belfast Harbour – Low carbon district heating scheme feasibility and detailed design
- Patton Group, Ballymena – Study for Belfast Metropolitan College Ivy Wood College Site
- Pubs of Ulster – Best practice guide for pub sector
- Creagh Concrete Products Ltd, Toomebridge – Energy saving opportunities assessment
- The Quays Newry – Energy saving opportunities assessment
- James Mackle, Dungannon – Energy saving opportunity assessment
- Radisson Blu, Co. Londonderry – Energy saving opportunities assessment
- Huhtamaki, Lurgan – Lighting specification advice
- Flagship media group, Belfast – Energy saving opportunities assessment
- Ulster Stores, Coleraine – Energy audit
- Mullaghboy, Donaghadee – Design review of new building proposals
- Frylite, Strabane – Energy audit and design advice
- Ballyrobert, Bangor – Energy audit
- JMF, Ballymoney – Due diligence
- NIRTA – A guide to implementing energy savings in retail refrigeration
- Henderson Retail, Newtonabbey – 5 year carbon management road map
- Wineflair, Belfast – Energy audit
- Nath Bros, Portadown – Energy Audit
- Ground Express, Coleraine – Energy Audit
For further details on any of these projects or to discuss a new potential project, please contact us.