Audits, verification and assurance for energy reduction programmes
BSSEC has third-party audited and assured over £211 million of energy consumption for large organisations and verified & provided assurance of £23.4 million of energy savings (at an average 11.1% energy savings).
Energy savings can be assessed for absolute reductions as well as relative benchmarked reductions.
The energy consumption verified includes electricity, gas, oil, diesel, petrol, aviation fuel, third-party district heating, renewable electricity and renewable heat. We also provide verification of baseline energy consumption data.
What we verify
Particular projects verified range from single site to complex estates of over 300 sites and fall into 3 categories:
- General energy demand reduction projects: such as LED lighting, voltage optimisation, variable speed drives, high efficiency motors, new plant, controls, industrial heat recovery, evaporative cooling.
- Renewable energy projects: including solar photovoltaics, solar thermal, anaerobic digestion, combined heat and power, bio-gas injection into the gas mains, biomass heating.
- Specific bespoke projects: including ADR (Automatic Demand Reduction), smart grid, data virtualisation, fuel efficient logistics and the ISO500001 energy management systems.
Our work over the years has spanned many sectors and we have an in-depth understanding of:
- Data Centres
- Central government including regulators
- Financial services and pension funds
- Culture and heritage