BSSEC is in the process of delivering 150 independent Level 4 TM44 Air Conditioning Inspections to a nationwide non-food retail chain.
The contract involves implementing a delivery methodology which offers economies of scale. It covers stores in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and will be completed within a 6 month timeframe.
This multi–site approach to TM44 inspection standards offers value for money and reduced costs.
The benefits of an estate wide approach to TM44 are as follows;
- Estate wide compliance and avoidance of fines (of £300 per site)
- Energy efficiency briefing and mini training for each store manager
- Consistent energy efficiency recommendations and estate wide strategy
- Feedback on maintenance practices
- Environmental compliance feedback for related issues e.g. F-Gas, on site
- On site behaviours reported with regard to energy management.
Air conditioning must be inspected by a qualified assessor at intervals not exceeding five years to gauge its efficiency, review its sizing and to advise on improvements or replacements and alternative solutions.
Inspections must be by an accredited person who should not also be responsible for plant maintenance due to the conflict of interest.
Guidance for air conditioning inspections is given in CIBSE publication TM44.
Valid inspection reports must be lodged on the Department for Communities and Local Government public access database.
If you’re interested in discussing your AC inspection requirements, please contact BSSEC’s Managing Director, Wayne Ward to discuss: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01225 938 735
Mob: 07539 169 313